MacNamara's Band

Ben graduates from High School this evening and Ashton finishes her first year of High School. Hopefully, we'll all survive the summer and beyond here. I think Ashton is going to need to find something to keep her engaged. She probably won't stay happy, just reading and watching reruns of "The Office" for 3 months. I suspect I going to have to start teaching her driving soon. We'll see.

In other news, the weather has cooled off again and there are thunderstorms about. Last night we had short squalls of hail. Right now it's sunny and 59'F, a little breeze. Could be an interesting summer, all around.

I watched a biography of Jaco Pastorius last night. A creative genius and troubled soul, I suspect tipped over the edge by alcohol. It looked like things were not going to get better in his life until a lot of things changed. Issues is not an adequate descriptor of his problems. I go around and around in my mind when I think of all of the things he felt that he had to deal with. Enough.

It's time for a short sprint to warm up. I've been beating myself to get the words out and I need to just open the spigot and let it pour instead. It's the only way to jump start my head. Otherwise, I will birthing words, painfully, singularly without effect and success for the rest of the day. In addition, my fingers are not working until I press them into services. Just think, think and write. That's the drill. No matter
what comes into my head, I need to type it out, write it down and move on to the next thought. All of sudden, I  start to loosen up and things get easier. There will be a ton of mistakes to clean up after  I finish, but hat's that's all right. It's like following Bruce Willis around and paying off the people he pissed off for the things he broke. Ultimately, it's worthwhile because something is left that works for what was intended. We'll see.

More later.

Comments

Popular Posts