I Finally Took Control (Off)



An OK night's sleep and getting a move on today. I write this almost every day but I would like to get a lot done on the story today.

I'm getting more of a picture in my mind where it needs to go. I would like to add some parts to it to make the pay off more worthwhile. For instance, the entire tale of the purple gang from the twenties needs to be richer and more enticing. But the problem is that there is no source for material within the story itself. All the characters are dead. I have to tell the story from the viewpoints of Minnie and Stan.

That means, if we meet Abe Bernstein, it will be superficial because he comes for dinner to Izzie's house and Minnie and Stan see him there. But maybe that would work. It will be Abe that has Izzie killed. Maybe not. As I wrote that I thought about the reasoning for that. If it's going to be a brutal murder in the barbershop, in front of Joel, then it would be Moran or Capone that did it, as a message to Bernstein. Maybe the deal is that nobody knows who did it. But Bernstein needs to drop the family after Izzie's dead.

All of this has to come from another source. The autobiography written by Joel that Gene finds. It has to be its own story. It really should be written in a different style and voice.

That sets it up for the funeral. At the funeral besides the large number of people, he needs to meet Valerie and her husband and kids, and his mom, Rosalyn, Rosa. She would have heard about it because she still lives in London. I'm not sure yet but something happened to her that makes it so she needs help.

Maybe in the end, Gene will take some of the money and give it to her or dole it out to her, to make sure she's taken care of.

Anyway, you look at it, I don't see this story ending quickly. On the other hand, it's just one brick at a time. Every day make a little headway. It doesn't have to take years, but it won't be today.

I think I just stuck a blow for freedom. I took a knife and pried the right Control key off this keyboard to keep myself from leaning on it when I type. It has pissed me off for months.

So that's a good start.

More later,


Comments

Popular Posts