I know; why do I even bother?


Don't ask me.

Well, I'm just not the guy that was writing so faithfully a year ago. That's the long and the short of it. It's an easy enough thing to do; get up, eat breakfast, come in here and type on the blog. That's what you're saying isn't it? OK, you're thinking it though.

Then, every once in a while, like now, I come dragging my butt back in here and write something like I haven't been gone for weeks or months. And, to make it worse, the only reason I'm writing now is my painting software is frozen up behind this and I'm hoping it will find its way out of the fog given a little time.

OK, it's a shit excuse, but at least I'm writing something now. So lay off!

I've pretty much finished up my drawing contract with the school back east and I'm loose and goofy again. I think there are a couple more to do, maybe, but I'm catching up on a couple household problems and a broken compressor in the shop. The shop is still a mess, but it's coming around.

The adjustment knob on the compressor breaks periodically because of it's design. I would like to find the right sized nut to put into the knob and it would be good for years. The problem is that the nut that rides up and down the adjusting bolt is made of brass and it just strips out over time. The adjusting knob turns so hard it's inevitable. A bad design. At least I don't understand the need for that soft of a nut on the bolt. Maybe there's some engineering reason. I should go online and gripe about it to learn if everyone else is having the same problem.

There must be a hack to make the pressure adjuster work better. I just haven't found it yet.

The summer is almost over and the kids will start school again soon. Ben quit his job just before going with his friends to Canada for vacation. Now he's back and he doesn't have a part time job to earn any money during school. Big mistake. He has to learn not to saw the limb he's on until he has a good grip on the next one. That's not a very good analogy but at least I'm trying.

Truthfully, I'm kind of looking forward to the serious onset of fall here. The weather has been pretty warm and I'd like to spend more time on the back deck with my dogs.

Scouty's legs are getting worse and he's having a lot of trouble getting around. He prefers to lay on his couch, but he still enjoys "working" in the garden and patrolling the back yard. I will miss him when he's gone and don't look forward to losing him. It will be very hard on Smudge.

Currently, there are floods in Houston, Texas and North Korea is still shooting missiles off and sent one over Japan the other day. I'm afraid that soon there will be the need to force the situation there.

That's enough for now. I'll try to be more attentive to this blog. I need the writing practice.

More later,

Comments

Popular Posts