Sunny Sunday

It's a staggered start to the day. Nothing going as planned. Wanted a quiet day at home with the fam and now part of the fam is going to work while another part is very displeased with me for thwarting her plans. Oh well. I will try to make the best of it and amuse myself as much as I can.

I've been painting mostly without brushes lately. It's fun but hard on my right wrist. After doing a picture the other day, the rheumatoid nodule in my right wrist got inflamed and was a major distractor for a couple days. I wrapped and iced and elevated but I was behind the curve and it was hard to use my right hand at all. Rotating, flexing and extending my hand was damn painful and once again, made my hand feel damn weak. It lasted until I finally wrapped it tight and took 2 ibuprofen at bedtime. That night I slept better than I had in a long time and the next morning my wrist was much improved.

For the painting, I've been using acrylics on canvas board and I'm mostly using those official-looking credit/ID cards I get in the mail with BS offers. I also cut up pieces of cardboard and spread the paint with the edges and use a piece of cardboard for the paint palette. So far it's turned out to be a very satisfying way of painting but there's a lot more to learn about it as a technique.

Fall is being a damn good sport so far. The days are mild and sweet. We had a little rain the other day which was quite pleasant. I have the feeling that I won't be mowing the yard any more this year.

Overall I'm feeling less depressed than I was. Still not 100% but working on it. I'm determined to increase my meditation time. I need that feeling of being more in control and centered, especially when those dark thoughts creep in.

As a matter of fact, I should wrap this up and meditate right now.

More later,



Comments

Popular Posts