And life rolls on.

Wow. I haven't written hear since the 6th of April. That seems like a long time ago now. Many things have happened since the 6th.

The big news is that we had to have Scouty put down. It was a hard thing. That happened on the 13th. His back got very bad so he couldn't walk more than a few steps. Losing him was tough on everybody here. Especially Smudge. It's been 17 days and Smudge is still not eating much and has lost a lot of weight. But it was the right time to let him go.

Ben and I took him to the vet and they started an IV and put him to sleep in the back of the Expedition and then we brought him home and let Ashton and Smudge see him and then buried him in the backyard. It was a shitty job. I had dug the grave the day before. It rained on us through the whole thing.

I had a few tough days afterward and it took a while before I could let myself think about him.

A few days after that the weather finally broke and we had a few warmer, sunny days which helped everyone but Smudge. After a couple days without rain, I mowed the lawn, in at least, a rudimentary way, and then mowed it again a few days later to chop the clippings a little bit finer. It was quite high before the first mowing.

Since I'd gotten the tractor out to bury Scout, when the sun came out I pulled it back out and got Ben to help me pull a few old tractor implements out of the weeds and cleaned them up with the pressure washer. Then I listed them on Craigslist. The box blade, the rear mounted blade and the post hole digger. The blades sold over the weekend and someone is supposed to come over this afternoon to buy the digger.

I've been meaning to get them moved out of the yard for several years. It felt good to get a little forward momentum. Once I broke the inertia I've kept the little projects going, here and there, a little bit at a time. It feels good. Two days ago, on Saturday, I pulled my slowly disintegrating trailer around and pressure washed it. I have to replace the decking soon or there won't be anything left. Maybe Ben can help. I'd like to get it done in the next couple weeks.

Still waiting on the vanity and sink for the remodel of the master bathroom. The shower is here and, hopefully, Jeff has picked it up and stuck it in his garage. I am not looking forward to sharing a single bathroom with everyone here while the project goes on. Hopefully, I'll come out the other side with a new bathroom and some new strengths.

Well that's enough for now. I need to work this back into my morning routine. I'd like to keep the writing active as well as the art and the motion around the house.

More later,



Comments

Popular Posts