Stuck in the vortex

Seems like the past few days I've been stuck in a spin of "other things to do" and unable to touch bas on ant of the regular parts of my routine.

Yesterday was sitting at the hospital, waiting. Don't get me wrong, there are many worse ways to be sitting, waiting in a hospital and all in all, it was a very successful day in terms of hospitals. Before that I spent a couple days working on modifications to the big bathroom remodel, and it has proven to be another tar-baby project (as outdated and non-PC as that term may be, it describes the situation quite well).

On the other hand, a few days away from the art has given me a chance to solidify what it is I'd like to try to accomplish in the short run. The last conclusion I arrived at was that since I enjoy art involving cities and buildings, I'll concentrate on learning to draw the building I like the most and then expand from there. When I feel confident in my abilities I'll try an acrylic painting of something I put together.

For some reason I'm drawn to the cartoon versions of paintings like that. By cartoon, I mean the kind that have a solid outline structure superimposed on the color portion. I don't know what that is called.

I bought a few more pictures off of Ebay, four Trujillos and an unknown older acrylic billed only as Mediterranean building. It has a signature but I can't tell what is says. I'm guessing that it's from around the 70's, but that is only a guess.

Just did a little looking and the painter is Genival Cruz. Possibly Brazilian.

More later,



Comments

Popular Posts