... and when I woke, Oh, uh ...

So it's been awhile, I know. No doubt you're tired of hearing all the same old excuses and dreading some lame effort from me to make up something new that could explain why I no longer write for this blog on a regular basis. Well today I'm not going to do that. You're much too smart for it anyway. Today I'm going to try a new tack. I'm going to breeze along and write a new entry like it's the normal expected thing to do.

Not my painting , just one I like.
There's a tendency to start with something like, "It's been a quiet week in Lake Wobegon," and there's a reason for that; you have to start somewhere and leading off every essay the same way cleverly breaks the ice and gets things flowing. After all, it's more important to write, than the substance of what is written, at least down here in the Farm League of writing. And remember, there's always a chance that, with sufficient writing, something of worth will appear. The very act of practicing writing what one is thinking, connects the brain to the hand and strengthens the life force and the connection to the universe. You have to take my word on that.

It is high summer here. Today, right now, it's clear, sunny, and about 78' F. A perfect day. A day that we've all professed to be waiting on in order to accomplish all those big, wonderful things on our wish list. Of course, the list is vast and most of the things won't get done and excuses will have to concocted to explain and forgive ourselves for wasting our opportunities. But there are always small parts of the list that will get done and we can build the walls of our self esteem just a little bit higher and stronger on the basis of those exceptions. Thank God for them.

The more of those things accomplished, the more we can claim authority for the completeness in our living of life. We should do as many as possible. With sufficient accomplishments, we can approach a sort of sainthood as far as living goes. The finish line for that race is different for each of us. We, each of us, have our own personal burdens and own difficulties performing the necessities of life. Thank goodness for that because some of us are way more productive than others and ruin the smarmy self-satisfactions of us underachieving specimens for what we struggle to accomplish.

I would like to record here that, with the help of both my children, the re-decking of the car trailer was accomplished. Ashton was key in removing the old deck and Ben was instrumental in attaching the new planks.

I have officially begun painting on the back deck, en plein aire, and today marked the first day I continued a previous piece (a view of the shop and trees). I am looking to build on a rough basis to create visual interest and energy. I hope to continue tomorrow for a third day. It's only an hour or so per day, but it keeps me thinking.

Today, with help from Ashton, I picked up the Expedition from Mike's after getting the door lock sensor replaced. I've been needing to do that for more than a year.

I'm still very much enamored of the master bathroom remodel. It is bright and airy and safer and the shower is wonderful. Remembering this, I just sent a text to Truett on this subject thanking him again.

Last Saturday, Ben and I went to the Steve Martin and Martin Short show at the Paramount theater in Seattle. The show was good (not great) but going there with Ben was wonderful and will be valuable memory for me (at least) for the rest of my life. I hope for him too.

On the trip up to Seattle and back in the Yaris, I noticed that the road noise from the rear end was really loud, so I ordered some sound dampening stuff that I'll put into the spare tire compartment and over the wheel wells in hopes of making the ride quieter.

I put a note on my monitor today to clean the oven and I hope to get that done soon. OK, enough for now. My hands and my brain are feeling better and I need to remember to do this more often.

I will now meditate for 10 minutes.

More later,




Comments

Popular Posts