A contender for worst night.



I don't know why my nights are so wretched. Last night I woke up at 0003h and the rest of the night was toss and turn, sit up and lay back down, and think about everything that could possibly bother me.

Last night in addition to everything else, I worried about the inherited IRA from CJ and the fact that I forgot to take a distribution for 2016. I figured that out yesterday while I worked on the taxes. I called Schwab yesterday (a Sunday) and talked to someone who eventually suggested that I call back today (Monday) and then gave me the wrong phone number. I called the number first thing this morning and after a while I was more confused than when I called. I got another phone number from the first guy and called them and there was no help there.

I tried to get them to let me know what penalties were involved and how I could get the 2016 RMD done and they treated it as though it were some kind of vague, unknowable thing. Sure, I could have them send a check but that didn't mean it was the right thing to do. I needed to talk to a tax professional and they would be able to tell me what the right thing to do would be.

So I hung up with Schwab and put in a call to Armour-Vickerman and left a message for Sam Amour to call me back. The more I think about it, them more I think I need someone to do my taxes. The message I left with Armour was that I needed help with my forgetting to take the RMD. I think instead that this might the year to file for an extension and get help with the taxes.

Whatever it is, I'm tired of dealing with stuff like this. It feels like I never get ahead of it.

More later,



Comments

Popular Posts