Stutter Step Start



Another night passes.

Around 3 AM I'm lying in bed trying to get back to sleep and Smudge comes in a lays his head on the side of the bed and whines softly but insistently. I tell him to go back to sleep, but he keeps it up for a while. Finally I sit on the edge of the bed and not feeling great I check my blood sugar and it's 62. I'm not sweaty or dizzy but I just don't feel great. Anyway, I think, wow, how did Smudge know that. I eat some sugar pills I keep next to the bed and check it until it starts going up and then I lay down and try to go to sleep again.

This morning I get up after a long argument with myself and take my shower. Come out to the kitchen and make my oatmeal and OJ and eat, then clean up and go into my office where some dog has pooped all over the floor and three rugs. I'm not sure which one it was. Scout didn't feel good all of yesterday but he stayed in my bedroom the whole night as far as I could tell. Smudge has had accidents before and usually warns us before they happen. He is also the dog who is famously intolerant of turkey as we found out twice during Thanksgivings. I don't think he got a hold of any turkey but other things might give him the poops. Who knows?

Anyway, took the rugs outside and hung them on the fence and Ben helped me clean the floor with antiseptic wipes and I'll have to figure out how to connect a hose up to hose the rugs off later. Of course it's not raining today for the first time in weeks.

Life goes on.

More later,


Comments

Popular Posts