Flex-Tilting Sidewinders

Tough night, rocky morning, looking up.

I didn't get the Rising Gorge piece finished yesterday. The clock ran out and I had to shut 'er down to get on with a quasi-parenting evening. I start again today with a new vigor and hope for the future. I need to get back on track stay the course, a thousand points of light, umm, stay the course.

So for fun, I promised myself that I would be able to just type anything I wanted today for warm-up. That I could even type stream-of-consciousness crud if I wanted to. The point was to raise my spirits, kindle a spark of excitement and creativity and get those fingers flying over the little keys. Then, when I was all  warmed up and ready to tackle the world, drop the bomb and say that I have to go back and not only fix and finish yesterday's Rising Gorge piece about Ronald Furnower, but I had to write a hold 'nother piece for RG blog and one that would make me proud, even though i don't expect anybody else would see it or say something nice about it.

Anyway, that's my plan and please, please, don't tell him I said that part about the having... you know, mums the word. Let's try to keep my attention on the first fun part. OK? Deal.

I hate to co-opt you that way but sometimes you just have to deal with him like a 6 year- old, you know? I mean he's a nice enough guy, except for his glaring... problems, shall we say, but trying to get actual product out of him is like trying to squeeze the fat out of a duck, but without a duck press. Enough said.

I wanted to report here that my goal of writing quickly to keep up with my thinking seems to be working. I got the weekly report from Grammarly today for last week. I wrote, wait a minute, 26,751 words last week, not counting anything in the Office Apps and that was more than 98% of other Grammarly users. Within that I made more mistakes than only 35% of other users and used more unique words than 98% of other users.

Now I think those stats are OK with me. I wrote a goodly amount. I'll try to increase that this week, and since I'm writing faster and holding off on corrections until I come to a pause, my error rate skyrocketed (I don't think I've written that word in a long time). So I don't care about the error rate because I think I'm actually getting a lot better at my edits. I'm reading in a more detailed and comprehensive way, so I'm catching more of the errors per read-through. That is progress. I think my style is improving, including writing more comfortable sentences. Fewer big, unique words, without losing succinct meaning, creates easier to read sentences and therefore a more enjoyable time and less of an in-your-face word assault on the reader.

I just got back to the warm-up so I feel like I have to go on a bit further before stopping. I cooled off a bit while running about and dabbling in other little home chores. I'm back now and I think over all, I'm mabout where I should be. I will now YAWN a few times to try out the mind-hack I read about and then I'll gird my ample loins and begin the real work. Speaking of that, I may need to get some 4xl loin girders to constrain my awesome creativity.

The celll structure has been checked and thank you very much, and so without further ado,

More later,



Comments

Popular Posts