Top Twisting Back Slab Crunches

Today we will focus on the upper back and neck. The purpose of his exercise is to isolate feelings of inadequacy and add truth and insight to your self-criticism.

Not really, it's still just to warm up for writing but I thought maybe I'd throw you off a bit with the exercise thing. Actually, the word exercise comes from the ancient Harrabic word, xercesse, which means to shovel snow in the summertime. It sounds better than it is. It's something you would say about your neighbor if you thought he was crazy and/ or performing worthless or counter-productive work with great expense and effort. Although it makes me wonder where the ancient peoples of Harrabia saw snow.

You may wonder how I picked up that little tidbit. Well-- I just made it up. Yeah, I made up the Harrabic Civilization too. You can do that on the internet and most people will just take your word for it because you've saved them the time and effort of reading about and researching the world they live in or at least, inhabit.

What I was going to write in that paragraph back there was that the word exercise is very hard to type. It's all left-hand and your fingers have to jump around a bit. So I should write more spoofy exercise bits just to get in the practice. Yeah, I see now that I wasn't quite right, the "i" is a right-hand letter, but still maybe that reinforces my point that the word exercise is hard because it's MOSTLY left handed and then you have to shift to the right hand "I" and then back to the left. Treacherous Bastard of a Word. It makes my left wrist ache just to think of it.

This is a good point, bear witness here. This is just exactly why the thesaurus was created. There must be a good synonym (synonym is another word I'm not wild about) for the word exercise. Let's see if we can think some without resorting to the cheating method of actually using a thesaurus.

I've used drill before,  What about practice?  Uhh. Maybe this isn't a good idea. It's slowing me down and I was doing pretty good there for a little while. Let's step it up and finish this drill, practice, and exercise.

I installed the free version of the grammar checking application Grammarly because it was free and I didn't have enough immediately whiny feedback and bother with just straight typing. It seems to be pretty good at catching misspellings and missing commas. I actually like it because I like commas a lot, a lot, (yeah, I meant to type that twice, that's how much I like commas) and Grammarly likes them even more than me. It suggests commas in places where I would normally show some restraint. I know I use too many but it's like riding around town with a cop who encourages you to shoot mailboxes out of the squad car's windows. I mean it doesn't take a lot of encouragement for me to eat a whole package of Oreos, if you get my literary analogy between Oreos and commas. Even if you don't, you probably like Oreos, right?

So I'm feeling pretty warm here and the pain and cramps in my left proximal forearm are starting to soften up so I think it's time to: bum bum, ba bum, bum bum--wahhh! Clean up, clean up, everybody do your part, clean up, clean up, everybody make a start (or cut a fart, or throw a dart, or pull a cart).

How childish! Just get on with it and spare us the pedimorphic Syllabilia. I made that up too.

More later,




Comments

Popular Posts