Reprieve or At Least Perestroika

Better than yesterday. A realignment overnight has pushed the boundary back or maybe reset the doomsday clock to 3 minutes til midnight (that's where the "real" clock is at). So it's still up to me to move myself away from the top and make things work again

The first order of business is to type here and see what comes out. It's kind of like my personal Oracle of  Toutle Court. Instead of chicken bones and rocks, I type a blog in the morning as fast as I can and then read it to see what my mind has to say to me today. It's as good an indicator of my current status as any.

I just wandered off the set here on the Court and wound my way back by via a couple youtube videos. Truthfully it started with the dogs, both them, alerting to a T-Rex in the backyard. Apparently it was just about to destroy Mary's habitat then turn its diabolical dinosaurically destructive attention to the house and its contents. I say apparently because I saw none of that on the security cameras or as I looked out the windows. I did see a (probably "the") lone crow standing in the far back yard. Both dogs were about to pee themselves as I got the door open and I believe the universal question about whether dogs can communicate with each other was answered when I finally got the screen door open because they each headed in a different direction.

Scout, who had started the "Intruder Alert" drill with his emergency bark-howl, went to the left, toward the neighbor fence and then circled right along the chicken fence. Nothing was there, obviously. While, Smudge took off like a rocket for the backyard where the crow took off and flew out of the yard to the south with Smudge in hot pursuit, 40 feet below and 50 feet behind.

A moment later they both stopped and looked back at the door where I was standing, I guess to see  if I was suitably impressed. I shook my head and went back into the house, leaving them to "linger on station" as they say in the air services of our armed forces. It wasn't raining or hot out so they seemed OK with checking the rest of the yard for hidden menaces.

I will stipulate that while I didn't see anything even remotely like a T-Rex, it could have been either very fast, virtual, invisible, or very very small. It could have even been a trick by the crow to project a T-Rex. I'm not willing to yell too much about it. The alert that Scout gave was of the surprise intruder variety and I'll always take those seriously.

So back to my point. After taking my seat again, I checked my email and saw an item in my google+ which was a message attached to the old video I made in 2006 (10 years ago, wow) about finding the brachial plexus in the supraclavicular space. I wish I'd made more of those. It was a lot of work but it worked well. I still remember staying up way late and making that video in my office. I was so tired I couldn't get the words out for the narration so
I had to write down each sentence and read them one at a time. It was the only way I could get through it. Sue and the kids were asleep.

I went to the video and read these cryptic messages from these 2 people that went, "I'm just here for Kaggle" and the response, "Me too." I tried to find Kaggle and it was some data study thing. I've no idea if that was the reference or why.

But that led me to a trailer for Finding Dory, then a couple humorous videos themed, All the Things Wrong with ... then a movie name. Apparently, they make money and a following with a fast-paced outing of incongruities in popular movies. Kind of low hanging fruit to me, but the guy's voice is like Frazier Crane's brother and that works for me. So anyway, that led me to a preview of a Star Talk with Neil Degrasse Tyson and Bill Nye and somebody else in a discussion about science issues, pointedly going to Mars and I got that spark from the conversation. Short but undeniable. It was enough.

I got back a direction of what I need to go on, for now.

Comments

Popular Posts