Full Flexing Leg Extensions

A perfect morning. Not quite sure where everything will go today but that's part of the point. Got through breakfast and meditation and now for the warm-up. I have no ideas so far for a character piece. I assume that something will suggest itself a little while after I begin to write, We'll see, maybe this is the day when nothing comes and I'll just be sitting here staring at the keyboard as if it is a foreign and hostile object.

Right now I can't stop yawning. I'm sure there's a yawning center of the brain that is activated when it appears you're trapped and you're afraid that next comes the panic stage. The reptilian mind resorts to subterfuge. Clever beasts. It reasons (maybe the wrong word) that maybe if it can appear bored and confident that the larger reptile looming over it, then the predator will be confused and leave it alone.

It's a common theme that predators, while quick and merciless, are also slow-witted and easily misled or mixed up. The coyote in the cartoons for instance. I never quite understood him, he was an engineering genius and he obviously had good credit, yet he repeatedly fell for a trompe-l'oeil painting of a tunnel opening (which is called an adit, by the way, I know this because I was a cross-word junkie in another life and those words stick).

It doesn't matter. The point is that popular wisdom tells us the prey sometimes wins, and when they do, it is either by chance or by wits. That's not a bad premise to think about for the small story of the day.

In the meantime, I will try some tougher words here because my fingers are still a little stiff. I wouldn't want to miss out on a good piece because my hands couldn't keep up with my mind. Heaven forbid. That's not really a problem. I suffer from a failure of imagination, a very common defect. In order for my mind to work, it must be forced to, I have to blindfold it and take it out in the back end of a horse-drawn wagon and then, after sunset, set the wagon on fire and remove the blindfold. Maybe that should happen in the opposite order, remove the blindfold and then set the wagon ablaze.

Do you see how a little situational motivation can increase one's ability to come up with imaginative solutions?

My fingers are now working admirably and I think I'm about ready to begin. First, I shall go back and edit this little piece because the eye/brain coordination also must be exercised (there's that word again) before I am truly ready to learn.

What do we say now?

More later,

Comments

Popular Posts