I don't know.



We better get on the road. We're burning daylight. These fingers aren't going to warm themselves up, you know. As you can tell, I made through another night, it was nip and tuck, though. Had a couple close calls but happily, the sun came up and I rose to meet the day.

It's Friday now and you know what that means. No, not that. We had pizza last night, so we'll have to figure something different for tonight. I'm not sure yet, but I've got a while to figure it out. I've had a hardy oatmeal and fruit breakfast and am currently feasting on great gouts of black coffee to honor my dutch forebearers. I'm sure they would approve in their characteristic sullen and depressed manner.

I've already asked the kids to get up a couple times and I think that's it for me today. I don't feel too much like chasing them around the compound, they can get their own butts up.

I need to get something on deck for the Rising Gorge piece this morning. No idea so far where it will go. Something always appears when I need it. It's a mystery, as they say.

I should keep moving here because my hands are working better so I'm not even going to try to make sense of it at this point. I heard more about the French trucker than ran over the Bastille Day crowd in Nice yesterday. I don't know. How can you defend against that kind of thing? Apparently, he had a handgun and some replica AK's. Replica AK's? What was that about? Was he thinking he would run over a couple hundred people and then jump out with the replica machine guns and commit suicide by cop? This is rapidly getting out of control. I don't know.

The Islamic State is getting just what it wants, in a very twisted way. Except it's unlikely everyone else will just convert to Islam. It's much more likely to become an underground religion. Unless moderate Islam controls them, they will have to join them, because they will be seen as together anyway.

This is not what I had in mind for a warm-up piece today, but I guess it works as well as anything else. I can only write about what is on my mind and after hearing the report this morning, it certainly is on my mind.

I might be getting a little extra time today so I think I may go to a meeting. I haven't been for a few days and I could use one. The thinking is not so good sometimes. Be good to get out a little and drive around.  I doubt much has changed but I have to get out there and show the flag so it's clear we're still in business.

I'm warm and I guess I shouldn't put off the other things too much longer.

More later,










Comments

Popular Posts