What Do You Call That Dance?


I'm not planning to write an RG piece today but I will go ahead and warm-up as it costs very little but really gets things moving. Ben was entrained to Oregon this for the wedding of our much-admired relative Jedediah and his lovely bride Prescilla. Although it is a mostly cloudy day, I'm sure that it will be a beautiful one for them and I wouldn't be surprised if the heavens open up (meaning sunshine) very close to the time of their actual legal sealature (a very nice word I just coined). I will be watching for it from my perch here in the main dais of the Rising-Gorge writers room (yeah, the big room with the stuffed bears).

Caught up on rest with 40 minute nap/rest period after I got back from dropping Ben at the station. The dogs joined me and I listened to "Sleep with Me", a podcast I'd read about that broadcasts readings and content specifically designed to make you fall asleep. It's like listening to a bad lecturer talk about a bad subject after a turkey dinner. At least that's what they say.

I laid down with earbuds in and chose an episode which the Narrator, I think his name is Scooter or something like that, seemed to be reading the transcript from a trial, a particularly boring trial, concerning a company named Besos. I guess it worked because even though it seemed as though I heard the whole thing, after it was over I got up and I couldn't tell you anything about it. Scooter has a very off-hand conversational manner of speech that stumbles and rambles in slow curves so that even though he's reading material it feels as though it's spontaneous and lacks structure. You go from being silently urging him to just get to the point, to drifting off on your own thoughts which seem to cover more ground than he could hope for.

What would be "Death Incarnate" for a podcast host normally, perfectly suits the goals of "Sleep with Me" you are quickly hypnotized with banality and essentially bad writing. It's great. I plan to go there again. It's just the kind of genius application I can appreciate.

Let's Marie or Hedgie or Porqy (or Porque) the hedgehog is starting to fit in here. Currently, she's taking a nap near the front door in her portable compound. Ashton is sitting near her at the table, singing and watching Youtubes, I think.

So like I said to somebody earlier today, I believe this is a good day to take off and busy ourselves with maintenance chores, of course, while keeping in mind those in danger on the sea and those getting married (not in that order).

Goodbye for now and--

More later,





Comments

Popular Posts