The Legend of Loegy, Monster of the Swamps


Had a really tough time prying this first line out. It's strange that I can just hover over the keys thinking; it doesn't matter what the line is, just type it and get going, and then nothing happens. It's like I have to finish before I start. I try to finish the whole thing in my mind. Then compromise to, finish the subject before starting, then change to finish the first sentence and finally the first word.

Finally, I just type the same thing I started with the day before and the day before, etc. I bet if I go back to look at twenty of these, fifteen of them start exactly the same way.

It's another cloudy morning and there's a very cool breeze blowing in through the window on me this morning.

Haven't heard single word back on yesterday's small story. That's not true, I browbeat Ben into reading it and he said he "liked it". He probably wouldn't have said if he absolutely hated it or didn't understand it. So I'll just go back to my original sentence. The basis of the plot what his idea and I thought he'd be interested to see how I handled it. maybe say he would have done it differently, or something. Oh well, doesn't matter. I'm just writing them for practice anyway.

I'm feeling kind of Logey, or maybe Loegy, this morning. As if I could easily just lie back down and sleep again. Was sleepy earlier but got up and had my oatmeal breakfast. Probably ate too much. Just yawned, maybe I'm reminding myself to yawn my mind awake. I'll try that, that and the coffee.

So my typing is OK so far, not going too fast so I'm not making a lot of mistakes. I need to pick it up a bit. But of course part of the problem is that right now, I'm typing faster than I can think. It's the Loegy. Old Loegy, the monster of the bogs. I feel like I should draw a cartoon of Loegy and put it on my wall to remind me that he is one of my arch-nemeses. I'll check to see if that's the correct plural form of nemesis. If it is it's another first for me.

Yeah for me! I was right about the plural form on Nemesis. Could anything be finer? Except, of course, to have my Ham & Eggs in, well, someplace down south.

Ashton just came in to show me that her hair is now mostly blond. She wants to dye it blue but needed to bleach it first to get a good color. So Sue, who's getting ready to leave for her vacation down in Oregon, helped her to bleach it just now. But it looks like I'm going to have finish the job because I think there wasn't enough bleaching stuff. Ashton has pretty thick hair, or did up until now. Maybe we'll go to RiteAid later and get some more bleach. I have to pick up some prescriptions there anyway.

The dogs were lying about in here and now they just went outside to warn off some Indian Elephants who are apparently attempting to push down our chain link fence. Wait, I think they're gone now. Yes, the dogs are, once again, successful. This time, they used a variant of the bark that sent the Velociraptors scurrying off last week. They try to tailor their methods to the needs of the moment. In this way, they don't needlessly waste valuable barks.

I think my fingers are ready for the task at hand (pun). I don't think my mind is there yet. It is still under the influence of Old Loegy (OL). I will try yawning a while and see if things improve.

Wait. I forgot to mention that yesterday Ashton got a Hedgehog from a friend of hers for $20. It was a marked down Hedgehog. So far its name is Porqy, but we'll see if that sticks. I haven't seen the Hedgehog yet, but I think I'm not going to capitalize hedgehog anymore.

More later,

Comments

Popular Posts