The Fraud Squad



Well, it's Monday morning and I'm on the line with Verizon's fraud department because last Friday I got a letter saying I owed $24.36 to them. I'd closed the Verizon account 2 months ago. Three phone numbers later and I'm back on hold for someone else. It's now 1003h and I've been at this one thing since 0845. Hasn't been a very productive morning.

OK, now it's 1030 and I just got off the phone with Robert from the Verizon fraud squad who very wisely pointed out that when you Google the phone number on the bill, you see the results SCAM on almost every entry. Why didn't I think of that before? I've done that before, why not now? Instead, I get all wound up. Not very good.

I need to get on with my day. Warm up, then fix a few stories. Maybe go into RiteAid and pick up Ashton's prescription. I'm not quite sure. I'm not shaking this feeling. I need to relax and chalk it up to experience and remember that next time I check on Google first. Shit, I could have done that last Friday when I got the letter. You know, thinking about it, this is not the first time I have gone through this particular scam. Why didn't I remember it? I'm getting old and feeble-minded!

Quite disappointing! I'm turning into an old crabby poop! What next? Quel dommage?

Let's get on with the typing exercise so I can move on. It looks like the driving classes that Ashton has, starting tomorrow are from 1000 to 1220, so she is going to have to start getting up earlier in order to get through her day. That means not staying up as late in the evening and I guess that means, I have to crack down on her WIFI to enforce times.

Once again I have to drag her into the things she needs to be responsible for.

I have stopped and messed around with other things again and I'm still not warmed up enough to stop and move on. I'm getting closer though and that's good.

It's going to get warmer today. It is supposed to be in the 80's and so I'm trying to get the house freshened up and cooled down before I turn on the air conditioning. I intend to do some reading on the front porch after I fix a couple stories. I would like to spend a little time reading each day and if I can do that on the porches, it would be better time spent.

I'm getting closer to the end of this now and I can feel that my fingers are working better. Let's wrap this up and do the corrections then move on.

More later,



Comments

Popular Posts