Tuesday's Bluesday



Made it past Monday so you know what's next. I'm caught up on the writing I've done, in terms of corrections and edits, all thanks to Roberta. The pieces are much better now and I got rid of a lot of the older essay pieces so now it's just fiction.

Today, I really should begin writing new small stories for the Rising-Gorge blog. I''m a little nervous  because it's been a few days and I wonder if the spark is still there. I need to be confident that everything I've done has made it stronger instead of weaker. Those stories are still there, just below the surface and they will come out when I dangle a little bait in the water.

I reread What We Shall See, and was amazed that it made sense. I was kind of afraid that I'd read it and it would be nonsense. At the time it felt like some kind of out of body experience. I was surprised that there was still meaning in it.

Even though there's meaning in it, it might not be plain for everyone to see. I told Susan one line from it and she kind of just blew it off.  OF course, that could be for a lot of reasons. I wonder though if it has the kind of meaning that I think it does. I will have to read it again. The meaning it has in it might not be that universal. IT might not be what other people think. But it certainly captured that longing from me.

In a little bit, I need to take Ashton to driving school. I'm sure she's nervous about that. Once she gets started she'll enjoy it and it will make her more confident.

What kind of story should I write today? Maybe a story about a dog that goes for a walk with a man. Maybe not. I don't know I'll figure it out when I get there. I should focus today on character. Write a small piece about a character and make the picture as complete as possible, with as few words as possible. I could use the man, Dennis Something in the Locked Out story. I can't remember his last name. It was latin for door or passage or something like that. I'll see if I can find it on the cloud drive.

That would be a good exercise for today. I'll just have him doing something everyday, and work on describing him.




Comments

Popular Posts