The Long Good Night



I felt sick last evening so I went to bed early and did OK. I was up every couple hours but I fell back to sleep easily, so I was well rested this morning. Had a real buzz in my head and ears last evening and my eyes hurt when I rolled them around. Pretty non-specific to me. All's well that ends well, thus far.

So let us proceed with setting the kindling alight beneath my brain pan and, uh, hand-kettle. That didn't quite go where I wanted it to, but sometimes we must take what we are given. This is one of those. So, dreams! Yes, a good sized and I will tell it here, using the less embarassing portions.

Another trip to the big city and the crowds. This time to some kind of performance, possibly a movie theater. I saw people I used to work with and they seemed to have an edge on why we were there and how we should act. Needless to say, this went badly awry and for some reason, our belongings, mostly mine, ended up spread across several places within the arena. This is a problem for me, especially when it concerns my wallet and keys, only my phone equals those.

So yeah, we're coming to the end of whatever the performance was, I guess I missed it, worrying about my stuff and it was time to gather shit and get out. Now this included items of clothing, shoes, socks, pants, etc. So I'm justifiably nervous and I'm trying to find stuff in the dark and the other people are going, "Ah, come on. Don't worry so much about your wallet and keys. They'll turn up." and when I try to point that those words could be true in a camping trailer, we are in a giant auditorium filled with people in a big city. So, no, things will probably not just turn up.

I'm persevering and searching wildly for my things and I find my keys. These were a set I carried a long time ago because it was substantial. I was happy to find them and showed the others and kept on searching for the other portions of my kit.

As I remember I find most of the stuff and now we're looking or the car. This has become a recurrent part of my dreams, searching for the car. What makes the search interesting is the car I'm looking for is never the car I think I drove to the place. As a matter of fact, the car I'm looking for could be just about any car out there. I will know it when I see it. But then, bear in mind, it may change again as I try to drive it. Cars change shape all the time in my dreams. It's a problem.

So that's about where it left off. I had the goods but couldn't find the car. I don't remember any more. OK, there's always a series of balconies in the theater/arenas in which these dreams take place. As I say that, I can picture hundreds of different balcony arena/auditorium venues I've had for dreams over the years. I don't know why that it such a constant feature.

Today I take Ben into the oral surgeon and he gets 2 implants to replace teeth that were removed. Right now that doesn't make a lot of sense, It must have been a space-available thing. Why take out 2 teeth and then put in implants later to replace them? Oh wait, I know. It's about the $5k round trip that sends other young people to college or pays for vacation homes. Gosh, don't I sound like an older American male? Well, guess what?

Let's get on with this, shall we? A little bit more and I shall submit myself to the pain of the Rising Gorge Small Story. My fingers are in frank rebellion right now as I try to wind this dog up. If they'd just hang in there a little longer, I will give them a candy bean as a treat. Who's a good finger? Who's a good finger? Is it you? Come on, boy. Behave.

A sprint now. I will take Ben to the "Doctor" and while he's having his procedure, under sedation, I will read my book, which I don't like and when he's done we will go by the RiteAid and pick up a prescription or two, If he gets a prescription from the "doctor", we'll get it there too. Then I'll call home and see if I need to pick up anything and then zip-zop, home we go. I will tell Ben not to have anything heavy to eat after his sedation. It almost killed me after I had that work done to my mouth, Sue took me straight to the Bob's Big Boy for a Double cheeseburger and fries and I had an ileus after the meds, and so I sat up that night expecting to, no wait, hoping to pass away, from the pain of having a cinder-block in my stomach that wasn't moving.

Ok, that's enough. I'm done.

More later,




Comments

Popular Posts