The Good Noodle



Another evening of headache and tinnitus. I've remembered that last week I received a mosquito bite on my right, dorsal forearm (at about the area over the distal radius where Colles fractures occur). It was very itchy for at least two days and then became quiescent. And now approximately 9-10 days later, stiff neck, tinnitus and pain behind the eyeballs during urination. The classic signs of Zika, It's here and I've got it. I will struggle to keep up my work as long as I can, in hopes that some tiny scientist, in some little lab, will find the funding somewhere, to keep his children in private school, and maybe find something useful in reading my first-hand accounts of the ravages and uhm, deterioration that my mind is-- uhm, uhm, (there goes the synonymical gyrus, gasp!) 

I'll keep you posted. Is anyone else aware that Oreos now come in self-sealing packages? What a breakthrough! Why isn't this kind of thing made public? All we hear these days is bad news, who bombed who, and which lives matter. By the way, I think we can simplify "matters" by first saying which lives don't matter. Get that out of the way first.

So I once again, I hit the rack early last night and slept better than I have in many moons and if that doesn't prove I have Zika I don't know what does. It wasn't an easy start to the night. I got ready, climbed into bed, began reading my Kindle book and about two minutes in, the left lens fell out of my glasses. just fell out on the pillow. So then I had a headache, tinnitus, and wacky-vision. I had to get anther pair from the office that were not suited to reading in bed . I soon gave up and just focused on falling asleep. Maybe that's why I slept better, I didn't read very much. I don't know. 

I'm not sure that I'm going to write a Rising Gorge piece today. I still have a stiff neck and I think that sitting at my desk typing may exacerbate that. Although I've never had a problem before. Maybe just taking it easy for a day or two might help get over the initial phase of the Zika viral brain stem infestation. That and rubbing coconut oil on my forehead, I hear the Zika viri hate coconuts.

So, you ask, if you're really not going to write a Rising Gorge piece today, then why are you bothering to do this warm-up piece. Well, smart-ass, I'll answer you. Just because I said I might not write the Rising Gorge piece doesn't necessarily mean I will not write the Rising Gorge piece. Hah!. Also, what if I go plop down in front of the box with a Super-Value Size bag of Cheetos and start watching a My Favorite Martian marathon and suddenly I'm phoned by the State Department wanting a piece of hot Flash Fiction to send to the Ukraine? Am I supposed to tell them I pass? Just let those Ukrainians go piss up a rope because I'm not in a writing mood. You call yourself a Neosocionihilist? No quick comebacks now, huh? Sit down and shut the pie-hole. I'll keep warming up here, thank you. 

It's a sunny day and everyone is gone from the house except me. The dogs are napping on their couch and the washer and dryer are running. Our last remaining chicken is walking around in the yard looking for slacker worms, and I'm guessing that the new Hedgehog (that I call Hedgie because I don't like her name) is sleeping in her little sleeping nest. So it's a good as it can get here. I take part of that back, Smudge the dog is lying on the floor behind me in front of the fan. He likes the fan to blow on him. (He doesn't like it if you blow in his face though. Go figure dogs.)

Maybe I'll write some more, maybe I won't. Maybe I'll writ something completely different for Rising Gorge today. We'll see. And who made these Caps Lock keys so GD big, anyway.

So I think I'm about ready here. So I'll close for now and remember, be good to your brain, At some point, you're going to need it.

More later,




Comments

Popular Posts