A Well Deserved Radishing

It's Thursday here at the ranch. Ben went to school, Ashton rode the bus to school. Susan is at work. Scout's in the other room, and so is Smudge. I've got a load of towels and the bathmat in the washer and have gone through my emails. I have called up health benefits and straightened out a payment to a doctor's office so now I'm trying to get my blog done so that I can move on to the other parts of the day.

I'm hoping to paint again today. I painted yesterday, it was picture of the desert with cactus and hills in the background and it turned out rather well. I haven't heard a word about it from anybody else but that's okay. I've got a couple other pictures I can I can start working on. I think I'm getting better at this.

Friday night, tomorrow night, I need to call in and see about jury duty for next week. I'm really not looking forward to this.

I just got a text from Ashton asking if she can go to the basketball game tonight, please, please. I don't know why this pops up at 10 o'clock in the morning, Thursday morning. The inability to plan more than a couple hours ahead is a problem amongst teenagers. Everything becomes an immediate and urgent issue as soon as it comes into their head. Even the $700 phone plus a world-class calendar on it can't help them keep the simplest thing straight. I'm not going to tell her she can go to a basketball game if she can't get her grades up and her homework done.

Yesterday in the mail I got a card from the post office saying that they tried to deliver a package but no one was home to sign for it so I can come down and pick it up anytime today after 8 o'clock in the morning. That's bullshit. I was here all day. My dogs were here all day. No one tried to deliver anything so I just signed the card, put it back in the box and told them to deliver it again. It's a an oil painting from Poland. I'm in no huge rush to get it. But yeah, I mean Jesus. I had a job too
and they made me do it whether I wanted to or not.

It seems like the microphone isn't picking up as well today as it has in the past few days. I suppose part of it has to do with practice everyday. It kind of depends on how noisy it is around here, and how many people are here. Of course, that's another excuse for not doing something. I wonder if that works for why I don't do more exercise in the shop.

I still haven't heard back from Carlotta about the Neuraxiom books. As expected, last night I had second thoughts about whether I should get rid of the Somebody Owes Me an Apology website, because it is a very clever website. But that's really all you can say about it.

Looking around me, I can see that I should really do more, still lives. I kind of like them.

More later,

Comments

Popular Posts