The Pen that Writes Under Whipped Cream

Monday morning and my back feels a little better. I showered carefully, got dressed and went right over to the shop and got a back brace. That made it feel a bit more stable.

Nothing important in the email this morning. It's MLK day so most of the milk-toast businesses are closed for the day.

I've been watching videos on painting the ocean waves, trying to distill the essence down to a followable path for me. I would really like to paint some water scenes just for myself. As the weather modulates, I'm also thinking more about painting outside. Of course, when I get up in the morning and face my painting materials, I am less that enthusiastic about beginning and this is the problem.

I can always find something else to break away and do. For instance, between paragraphs here, I stopped and wrote a check for Anna. This breaks my concentration and makes resuming a bigger problem.

I had many dreams last night but none that I remember as troubling. I didn't sleep well because I took a pain pill for my back. Then when I wake up to go to the bathroom, I'm dizzy and my ears are ringing. But I am able to find a comfortable position for sleep so that is good. This morning I took a Flexeril then put on the brace, so I feel much less discomfort than last night but I'm now logy. I'm going to take a couple ibuprofen in a bit and see if that helps.

Of course, while my back hurts, my right wrist decides to flare up too. So I have it wrapped and kept it wrapped last night. It really helps as long as I don't wrap it too tight.

I want to paint today, maybe try a couple studies. I would like to work on flowers and water. I think both of those would work better in acrylics than oils. I tried to practice painting water waves on Corel Painter but it's not simple. It would be nice to have a place to practice in the front room in the evening.

I should also practice sketching. I need a lot of work in drawing proportions. I should watch some videos on practicing proportions. There's a lot that's missing in what I know how to do.

I just checked Instagram and Trujillo is on and so I've got that on while I finish this blog. He's talking about the art market and how to push your way into it. That's not really very apropos to me so I turned it off and I'll concentrate on this for now.

While it's fine to play with the speech recognition, I need to do the majority of blogging on the keyboard because my hands need the workout. The less I type, the stiffer my hands get. Plus, I just like to type. I don't know why.

I should go now and meditate and then get on with painting or drawing.

More later,


Comments

Popular Posts