Watercolors are Fun

Today I painted my first watercolor painting. I used a picture I took on the back deck last fall of me drinking a cup of coffee. In order to do the painting. I had to first sketch it then paint it in. In order to sketch it, I had to practice first on a small sketch pad then do the sketch on a larger 9x12 watercolor page. Then I penned in the sketch and erased the pencil lines and painted in the colors.

It was a lot of fun. Not so much the work of sketching but the coloring. I'm just not at the point where I can make a painting work without the outlining. I need to do a lot more of them to get comfortable.

This afternoon I rented Victor, Victoria for Ashton to watch with Sue and me. It was a mistake, she was on the phone the whole time, like always. 

Besides the petty little problems I'm quite happy and the painting is going well. I got the problem painting framed in the shadow box and hung on the wall in my office. It works find there. It just needs a lot of light.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow so I can try another watercolor. The really nice part is there's so little setup involved. It's quite fast to clean up too.

A;right, well that's enough for now.

More later,


Comments

  1. Nice picture; first thought was character from "King of the Hill", swap a Budweiser for the mug.
    Checks in the mail, finally.
    Raining here now after Arctic spell ended and freak warmup, heard thunder a few minutes ago.
    9 calves born since new year, tough little critters, only had to bring one in that didn't get deslimed before bitter cold night

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts