Somebody No Longer Owes Me an Apology

In today's email I found an invoice from 1and1 for virus scanners and extended PHP 5.5 support so I called them and found that the charges stemmed from the SomebodyOwesMeanApology/SOMAA package and I explained that I had already set the auto-renewal flag to false on the account and that it would be gone next month. They said they would cancel the charges and then I said while I had them on the phone, why not just cancel the account.  They guy sent me another number and I canceled the site as of tomorrow.


I went to the site and made a new backup of it and canceled my Akismet subscription so I'd no longer be paying for that and no sooner than I had done that, I felt the low level panic of thinking it was a mistake. I'd put a good deal of energy and work into making the site and learning new things to accommodate the project. I thought to myself, why backup the site if I wasn't really planning to resurrect it somewhere else. Then I thought, at least I should keep the domain name. I was on the verge of calling them back up and telling them I wanted to keep the domain name when I stopped myself and thought about all the crap in my shop. It was virtual hoarding.

I did spend a lot of energy making that site and for as simple as it was, it turned out well and I was proud of it. Not a lot of people went there and it got very little attention, but I did it when I needed to do it. It was just after I got back from rehab and I needed something to throw myself into. It was the perfect little project for me to grab and hold onto. It was a good little site and I got a lot from it.

I tried to get other people involved for the fun of it. I forgot that everyone had their own lives and my little needs didn't extend past me. In the end, it was my site from top to bottom and I'm glad I did it.

Knowing that the little website will soon be gone, I just opened up the site and recorded it using the Windows games recorder. Another first. The recording wasn't great, but it's done. The recordings are in the Capture folder of the Videos folder.

Yesterday I cleaned up in the office and Ashton helped me move the table and second desk so that there's a lot more space in my office now. Much easier to move around and organize my painting stuff. I will include a picture of it here.

I'm going to paint again now and see if I can redo the sunset picture for Ashton's room in acrylic. The oil painting is still not dry after 4 or 5 days. I didn't like it that much anyway. 

Onward.

More later,


Comments

Popular Posts