But this one's eating my popcorn.



Here I am again. Today it's snowing. Truthfully, not very much at least not yet. In fact, it is what qualifies as a light dusting I believe. I doubt an inch of accumulation so far. Still there is enough to cover the horizontal surfaces of the surroundings and so we have the lighting effect of it. The light is cold and bluish and is reflected up from the ground as much as comes from above. Except for all the snow on the ground it is probably loved by the professional photographers of the world because it removes almost all the shadows from pictures.

It looks cold. I say "looks" because I haven't been out. I am muddling through my day here completely snug within the warmth and comfort of my little home in the northwest wilderness. In fact, three-quarters of the others in my immediate family are here, somewhere, with me and the youngest just went off to school for the day. The dogs are ensconced on their dog couch and we have all the comforts and features of home working for us. Along with a fabulous new sofa which is the most comfortable sofa in the world.

I'm typing for exercise and to get my mind working, otherwise I could have abbreviated everything that I wrote above as; "Life is good."

But as my fingers need the exercise and my mind, the stimulation, I will continue to write.

I had series of very strange dreams whilst I slept fitfully last night. Some of them definitely involved geometric shapes, specifically moving in them to satisfy some arcane problem and some others involved vicious dinosaurs. Specifically, Velociraptors.

The velociraptor dream went on for quite a while and took place in a huge multi-storied poorly constructed building that looked a little like a converted warehouse. There was some kind of reunion going on. People from my extended family and work history were there and there was even a serving line, like in a cafeteria. I was particularly interested in the macaroni casserole. But like I said before, there were these velociraptors.

At first there were only a couple and they were fairly easy to dodge in this big place, but after a while they got better at tracking people and it was very hard to get them off your track. At one point I climbed up through a series of tight spaces until I reached a high stack of boxes on a framework next to some unbelievably long pieces of lumber. Everything about that last sentence should confirm that I was in a dream and not real life. I do not climb and I hate heights and I'm not that wild about peril in the first place.

Anyway I started knocking these long boards down in hopes of drawing or driving off the beasts but they seemed admirably single-minded in their pursuit. To be fair, there were other people there being chased, but like in many of my dreams, I preferred my own approach to evasion rather than following anyone else. In other words, they were on their own.

In the end, the wretched creatures were disappointed in their goals and I lived to dream another day. At one point during the chase, I ran into the serving line and asked for a plate of the casserole, but they were so slow in serving me that I had to leave without it. The velociraptors were hot on my trail, you understand. Now if that's not the riveting stuff of Hollywood blockbusters, I don't know what is.

I'll leave it all there. I can assure you there was a great deal more and much more interesting and exciting, but I've said enough for today. There are other things I must do, thank you very much.

More later,


Comments

Popular Posts