Cooking as a Human Marker



Today I am goofing off from the start. I got up and made breakfast for me and Ashton (I know it's supposed to be "Ashton and myself" but to day I'm relaxing even on the rules of grammar) and then cleaned up. I went into the office for a little while to go through my daily routine and quickly found myself stalled out. The programs began to slow down and then the loading slowed to a stop.  Several applications and windows became unresponsive and then I couldn't even get it's attention with the Ctrl-Alt-Del. I could've walked away and waited for it to work it's way out of its jam, but I decided to take a shorter route. I held the power button until it shut down and then pushed the button again and let it wake back up and have its morning again. This time it seems to have found its way back up onto the proper ground.

So since my routine had been broken I decided to just leave it broken and so I came into the front room and turned on the TV and sat in my comfy chair and opened the laptop to do my blogging. It's very cold out and even though I was thinking about going to Costco, not I think I'd prefer to blow this whole day off and watch some TV and maybe, just maybe do a little bit of writing while I goof off.

I'm not sure that my mind can concentrate enough while watching something on TV. It is very distracting, of course, but it is also another source of ideas. Like a faucet of concepts you can turn on and experience. Many people point out that it's very easy to just sit back and let the TV entertain us and by doing that we give up our critical thinking skills and while that can be true, it can also be a source of ideas.

I am watching a short series about food and cooking and the links with civilization and how it's changing the culture. The part I'm watching now is about baking. It's making me want to make some bread. I used to make bread a lot before Sue found out she had celiac disease. I miss the smell and taste of fresh bread.

Oh well, enough for now.

More later,


(Photo is Google Street View Digitally Enhanced by  Jamal Masood)


Comments

Popular Posts