Rough Start

The view of my house (with the green awnings) across Lake Vander Beek
Sāmo, sāmo, and as I'm lying there in bed listening to Ash and Sue talk in the kitchen it strikes me that I was supposed to make a phone call to Tennessee this morning between 7 and 8:45 their time. I went to bed thinking it was 2 hours earlier there but as I lay, there I started to picture the rotation of the earth and its effect on the apparent sunrise and thus, the associated times. Western Tennessee is in the Central time zone which is of course, 2 hours later there compared to here, not 2 hours earlier. We're 2 hours earlier. So I checked the clock and it was 7:10 AM and I couldn't do the math and I wasn't that sure about the times anyway so I got up and put on my sweatpants and glasses and went into the office and started my computer. After I called up the Outlook app. I checked the time again and it was until 8:45 Central and a quick calc told me I'd missed it. So I sent off an email claiming that I'd just gotten home from a psychiatric hold for observation and apologized and scuttled off to take my shower.

Now, after showering, dressing (sort of), breakfasting and taking care of a few small things like folding towels, vacuuming, straightening up in the kitchen and my office, I'm parked comfortably relating the events of the day (so far) to you.

Already the list is growing and I'm planning to hit a meeting and do the Costco at noon. So you can see that I've got my work cut out for me before I ever get around to being officially retired today. I have to make some changes to the illustrations but I'm not sure I want to jump into that without we have straightened out the misunderstanding about the number of pictures I'm actually expected to create.

He said the muscles didn't look right and I'm pretty sure it's because they are distinctly more rounded than the first set and I also made the color more transparent and I lightened up on the outlines to give them a less defined sense. I had a feeling that would come back to me. I wasn't really even sure that I liked it.

So I guess I better get on with the work. I also need to reinstall Quicken as it seems to be getting very quirky (no pun there, sort of, if you said Quirky Quicken it would at least be an alliteration.)

More later,


(Image is really Portofino Bay Hotel in Google Street View enhanced by Jamal Masood)

Comments

Popular Posts