Confusion Prone



Another night where I barely slept and strange dreams tormented my waking time. A night after which you don't get up, you give up. That's just what I did. I pulled back the sheet and covers which were twisted and disarranged, threw my feet over the side of the mattress onto the floor and sat up waiting for the blood to once again suffuse my brainy portions and then leaned forward letting the natural current of the day to carry me onward down the flume of daily activities.

Not the best way to meet the important challenges of the oncoming day but it is what I could manage. The usual healthful breakfast and some unhelpful podcast chatter and I am come here to do battle with the short list of things that I need to do.

I will do my best ... well I just noticed that Ben was already gone. No doubt gone out to get his tattoo and some pull-tabs. I don't know why that bothers me so badly. It is what everyone else on earth is doing so I suppose it is what he needs to do. I just had higher hopes for him.

Moving on to other subjects that I can latch onto and perseverate on. Just took a short break to look up the word asseverate, to proclaim firmly. It might come up sometime, you don't know.

My hands are moving slowly and with clumsiness this morning. No doubt the results of my quasipseudorestorative sleep time last night. It will pass but right now I really have nothing to hurry efficiently into. So why worry about it.

The dogs and resting comfortably. Smudgy has just come into the office and taken a rug behind me. I suspect he's on a mission to slowly get me to let him outside. I've opened the window slightly in here to let healing air into the room and he probably wants to lie near it so he can hear the outside better.

I better get to it so I will say good bye for now and begin my day's work.

More later,


(Photo by Emily Campbell)

Comments

Popular Posts