Mrs. Wilson's Secret



Another night passes and I arise to meet the day. Maybe not head-on, more of a glancing blow. I don't want to take any chances, going either way. There is, after all, a lot at stake. Not everyone has my easy going attitude not to mention all the animals.

They'll all thank me for it eventually, in the end. So we start again and I'm determined (yes, you may report it that way) not to let this day turn against me. I've checked my calendar, looked around all the edges and consulted with the alter-egos and it is unanimous. Nothing stands in my way today. This should be, dare I say, will be a wonderful stress-free day.

By stress-free here I actually mean there will be less stress No stress today. It will be a zippidy-doo-dah day. (registered trademark of the Walt Disney Company, All Rights Reserved)

So I finished and sent off the first draft of the demon story yesterday and I have another story in mind which I can start as soon as I finish this. It is the story of a man who believes he has telekinesis and he demonstrates to the world that he can use it wisely. He must develop a superhero code to go along with his superpower lest he become like all those powerful yet twisted men he despises. Lex Luthor for instance. A weak and craven man who uses his amazing powers for evil.

So I'll need a name for the character, and it must alliterate like all get out. Something new a different. Jew Jensen or Neville Needleman, Hans Henderman, Danny Dorndorf, Renfro Rutner, Deftly Deerborne, Oddly Obloid. Anyway a name like that and then I just have to come up with an origin story. They all have to have an origin story but the good news is you have up to 75 years to come up with it. The origin story can come after the many deaths of the character. Of course, you should keep in mind that the character will be beloved by children and young, twisted and desperately asocial young adults for many generations. This popularity may jump over two or more generations and then resurge as another confused and over indulged generation comes of age with nothing to believe in and then discovers the thoroughly admirable message carried by the forgotten character and sales will surge.

This sort of cyclical rebirth of super-characters keeps the softest segment of the US economy alive, the section dealing with selling worthless shit to children and making the parents feel good about it. This is a $15 billion per year business.

I'm proud to be an American, I just can't remember the tune. (which is, by the way, a $20 billion per year business)

More later,

Comments

Popular Posts