Sleep Schmeep



A good night and it's about time.  I don't know how long I slept at a time, certainly a couple hours. But more importantly, I fell back to sleep quickly each time I awoke. Finishing that story had its effect. Even though it was a crummy story I felt wonderful after finishing it. I admit I cheated a little to get it over with but it needed to end.

I need to move on today, another story. I was excited initially because I had lists of plots to choose from. But I took a quick look at two of them and found there wasn't a lot there. That isn't what they were for anyway. They were intending to rev up my imagination for story lines. To get me thinking about workable plots so that it was more fun than pain.

So today I will think of a story or I will start writing and see where it goes. Let's reconsider the last story and see if we can think of a reason for the conflict coming at the end and embed something about the reason in the story earlier.

I have turned on some music, Pandora Jimpster Radio and hope that it might organize my thoughts. I haven't had music on while I write and maybe that has had some deleterious effect.

I'd like to get back to the place where writing is intensely fun. That will take a massive amount of writing, as much as I can stand and more. It needs to happen without resorting to phrasisms and wasting words. These are my enemies and I need to eschew them. Took a short break there to return to 5th grade but I'm back now.

After finishing this I need to review the tips from the Pro Writing Aid site. The Sticky Sentences are the toughest for me to avoid. I am a sticky sentence writer. Apparently Sticky Sentences and Glue words are a real thing. I just googled them and came up with lots of examples. I will read this stuff every day in order to spot the problems while I write.

It is time to begin.

More later,


Comments

Popular Posts