Pop Goes the...



And we're off. Another exciting day. It's Friday and cloudy and cooler but it will probably clear up a little later and become a beautiful sunny fall day. I haven't checked but that's the way they've been going lately and the Trend is our Friend.

So I had a long night to work on things and I think I've got a direction for the story of the actor going back east. He's on the train in the lounge car and he sees an attractive woman sitting alone and he says hi and they talk and she says she's going back to the midwest to see family and she has some business there as well.

He tries to pick her up but she says no. She's riding coach and he invites her to spend the night in his compartment, she says no, she kind of likes sleeping in chairs. He shrugs and goes off back to his compartment. I think for this plan to work he needed to have written all the details down from his conversations on the phone at the beginning, maybe on a yellow pad, and then he just throws the yellow pad with all the info into his bag. This allows the woman later to go through his bag and find out most of what's going on.

I'll have to go back and change some of the beginning of the story, that's not a problem. I'm not sure where I want to go with the woman after all that. My original idea was that she was an assassin from the future but maybe she's just a crazy serial killer who likes to mess with people. Maybe her motivations will mutate after we get going for a while. Stranger things have happened. They do take on a life of their own.

I've never written a woman before like this so I'll have to give some thought as to how to form her so that he has a real look. That's all that matters in these stories.

Maybe it's even an important tenet for the purposes of the story. To give the appearance of  reality.

More later,

Comments

Popular Posts