The Burning Haystack



I'm feeling better than yesterday and that's good. I had more sleep last night. I think I slept two hours in a row which is wonderful.

After thinking about the story deal I think I need to finish the story I'm on and then get back to work on pieces that don't have such involved backgrounds. I should be able to make easier pieces.

Practice, that's what I need.

John Hargreve, instead of having a dead family, his wife left him because of drinking and took the children with her. He has two sons and a daughter. He has stopped drinking and wants the oldest son to come live with him on the homestead and learn woodworking. Now that's excitement.

All right. That little bit of story almost made me bleed from the ears. Why is this so tough? Make ten plots.
-------

  1. A man suspects that his next-door neighbor has killed his family
  2. A man wakes up in a hospital after an accident but after a while begins to suspect that he's actually dreaming this.
  3. A man going through an old family trunk comes upon some pictures of him in a situation he doesn't remember.
  4. The police question a man in an armed robbery that he didn't commit but they have pictures.
  5. A man begins a digging a garden in his backyard and comes across some human bones and a belt buckle that belonged to his brother who'd "run away" many years before.
  6. A man has a series of dreams that warn him specifically of his impending death.
  7. A man finds a bundle of cash in his closet that he has no information about.
  8. A man wins the lottery and his life goes to shit.
  9. A man develops a phantom arm, while he still has his own 2 arms.
  10. A totally atheistic man develops stigmata and begins to speak in ancient aramaic.
  11. (BONUS PLOT) A regular guy is suddenly able to perform miracles. 
  12. (EXTRA BONUS PLOT) All this happens to the same man on the same day.
That little demonstration took about 30-40 minutes and it was like passing to pavers. My apologies to anyone who has actually done that. But my point is that it was difficult and the noises I made were very much what you would expect to hear from someone doing ten very difficult things. 

I see now that I should do that every day although for the sake getting anything else done during the day, I think I should keep the list down to five (5) plots each day in this venue. 

Now seeing this I think I should come up with something a little weirder to do with my current story. I'm thinking it's time to swerve off the cliff into the burning haystack with the story just to see if I can do it.

I will go back to the story and work a bit more on what exactly the burning haystack will consist of. (Note: It's not good to end a sentence with a preposition. Try to avoid it.)

More later,

Comments

Popular Posts