Thanksgiving Day



I have so much to be thankful for this year. Most of all my family and that includes my dogs. We have had a turbulent year but most are at some point. But I'm very happy with my life and all the changes in and around it.

Sue had to go into work. There's a power line down on the road going from the house. The power was out this morning for a few hours. Ashton is putting on the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. She's a real wondergirl for me.

My morning encounter with Ben. It's 10 AM and I yell for him to get up. He needs to get up and eat breakfast otherwise he won't be hungry after we make Thanksgiving dinner and he needs to help.

Here's how it went.

SCENE: (1000 AM, DAD IS IN HIS OFFICE/LAUNDRY ROOM CHECKING EMAIL BEFORE HE WRITES HIS BLOG. BEN COMES IN WEARING HIS BATHROBE, HE JUST GOT UP.)

BEN: I want to get my tips frosted today.

DAD: It's Thanksgiving. You have to help make dinner.

BEN: It's OK. We can probably do it right here at home.

DAD: Are you aware that you live in the United States?

BEN: Yes.

DAD: There's very little open on Thanksgiving Day. Do you have the things you need to do this?

BEN: No but we can look it up.

DAD: Go eat your breakfast. Jeez!

FADE OUT.

So I'm sure he thinks he can still work out how to frosted his hair today but I need him paying attention here.

We'll see how it goes.

More later,


Comments

Popular Posts