The Right Kind of Parents



The election is over, I am apparently awake and it's true. Why does it feel like I made a wrong turn walking through town and found myself at a lynching?

OK. Well, there are periodic dark ages that come along and we, as a country, have certainly asked for this one. I hope that we get through this with only bad government.

I made the mistake of checking the news last night before I went to bed and that did it for my night's sleep.

It occurs to me that I've been wanting to asphalt my driveway. Do you think he could get Mexico to pay for that too?

I feel the need to pull even further back into my shell for the next four and a half years while the country replays the last parts of 1865-1868.

So to begin my 1500 days of looking on the bright side, I will say it's an absolutely beautiful day here in Olympia Washington. The sun is out and the air is crisp and I have lots of things to do right here in the confines of my little mind.

My back feels a lot better this morning, that's a nice thing. I'm still rather distracted and having trouble thinking of some path away from the problems I foresee.

I need to remember to stay in the present, focus on what's in front of me. Don't peddle too far ahead and deal with only what is in front of me. I need to look for the strength to accept the things I cannot change. Look down and see the hula hoop at my feet.

Last night, as I lay in bed, I was having so much time concentrating, I turned back to Conan-Doyle and read A Scandal in Bohemia. The writing was very soothing. It's amazing how well the writing shows the obvious fun Conan-Doyle was having during the writing.

More later,

Comments

Popular Posts