Whoa, What happened? Where am I?

OK. Apparently I took a couple days off. I thought it was one day but it was two. I'm talking about writing on this blog. They were kind of busy days. On the 26th Sue had a scheduled minor surgery and so, even thought everything went quickly and well, it took the better part of the day in preparation and execution. Working your way through the hospital is like going through the courts system (which approacheth).

Yesterday I was intedning to stay home and paint, but I decided to run some errands. I also packed up two paintings and sent them on to Roberta in Kansas.


Roberta offered to paint pictures of the dogs on 6 x 6 tiles in exchange for a couple of my pictures. So I packed them up and sent them off yesterday. The pictures were the winter landscape with a stream, and a landscape of the Rio Grande River. She had mentioned that she liked them both in an earlier email.

Today animal evictors are coming again to work on the crawlspace of the house. I just got a call from Michael and he told me that one of his guys had gotten into a car wreck with one of the trucks so he was going over to check and see how that was held how bad it was and then he would be over here.

Once again, I've started up Dragon and I'm trying to dictate this and I'm have a heckuva time because I can't think and talk at the same time. It's much easier for me to to type and think I don't know why that is.

I hope to paint today. I had some ideas about the what I could paint not last night but the night before. I have thought of a tree, it's a good thing for me to to practice. The tree is set to the right of a mostly vacant field and I wanted to show a little motion in the grass of the field. I did a quick practice session of it last night on Painter while I sat in the front room. And it turned out okay, of course I was using some of the artist oils brushes. So that was kind of cheating, and taking shortcuts, we'll see how it turns out if I have to make every one of those brushstrokes by him.

Although it did show me how to vary the color alone this from kind of wheat yellow to greenish to brownish and hopefully I can get the strokes to show movement in the grass.

When I went to town yesterday to run my errands I went by Home Depot to pick up some picture frame molding stock but found out they didn't have any there. When I asked the guy he said well you know what's online is not necessarily what we have at the stores. I wondered about that when I was looking at it online.

I don't have a backup plan for that right now. I guess I could just buy trim pieces and glue them together to provide that relief. I'm not sure how that's gonna turn out. I went by Harbor freight tools and picked up a stapler and staples and a clamp for picture frames which I will need anyway.

I guess it just goes to show you that you can make the plans but it won't necessarily turn out that way. So I'm left to having to figure out how I'm going to accommodate pictures of nonstandard size. I guess that's why I'm retired.

Well I guess now I'll go in and clean up all the things that I just said so that I can post it on the blog. Maybe if  I try this more often my dictation will get better.

More later,


Comments

Popular Posts