Another Blockbuster Day



Just a quick note to touch base here on Saturday October 7, 2017. Got up and made breakfast for everyone and Ashton lost her iPhone. Let me back up here.

Ashton's birthday was yesterday. She didn't want to celebrate it yesterday because she had school followed by a full day of cheerleading and then the homecoming game. She had a friend come home with her after the game and spend the night. This means that the two of them spent the night on the couch in the front room.

So after the usual drama about getting them up while I got my day going and cooked breakfast, Ashton finally got up and they ate and then Ashton announced that she'd lost her phone somewhere in the house. Maybe on the couch. There was huge flurry of activity while everyone looked for the phone and I said we could find it through the iCloud website. She eventually came to me and asked how I thought we could find it. I had her sign into iCloud which said her phone was not connected to the internet and so off she went.

I tried a couple more things, but mine was a voice crying out alone in the wilderness. I've tried to get them to focus on the problem but to no avail. Attention is divided between playing with hair and makeup and other things. Tonight is the homecoming dance and the urgency of the lost phone has taken a backseat to other things.

The deal is that even though she silenced her phone, I can still send it messages and see it on Find-a-Friend. I know there's a way of making it sound off but it's not simple and I'm the only one that was interested in working the problem to the exclusion of other things. My mistake. The problem as I see it is that while it's not a critical thing, the lost phone is on and tomorrow at this time it is likely to be out of power and the possibilities of it helping us find it will have diminished dramatically.

Oh well! I'm going to go on with my day and see what I can get done.

More later,



Comments

Popular Posts