I turn my back for a couple days and look what happens.



Well it's Sunday and, once again, the world is partially off the tracks and heading for the abyss. I'd like to say it's all Trump's fault but actually it's only about 70% his doing. The rest is probably an outgrowth of people losing hope after seeing his style.

So Catalonia in Spain is holding a ballot to become independent, Puerto Rico is disintegrating because adequate post-hurricane Maria help has not arrived, several terrorista-type stabbings and killings occurred overnight, the Trump administration has temporarily given up on repealing Obamacare and has set its sights on tax reform (in favor of the richest few percent).

Other than that it's a beautiful day here, sunny and maybe 65 degrees or so. A perfect fall day. Sue and I sat out on the back deck with the dogs this morning after breakfast and it was pretty wonderful. We're very lucky to live in such a nice place.

I've finished the last drawing for the MTSA project and I'm feeling a bit at odds. I love projects, especially those that are beyond my usual capabilities. I need to get back to forming a routine which challenges me.

Scout has a few tough mornings and has needed his dog pain medicine to get going. Smudge is still his typical loyal, attentive self for everyone here. All the cars are running well. I got new grids for the infrared grill and they fit great. The grill should be good to go another few years. The television is still acting up and is in the running for the next things to fail and be replaced. In the meantime, I've tried to fix the carpet cleaner and we need to try it out again. I'd like to avoid buying a new one at this point.

I'm thinking when one of the kids loves out, we can shift things around to redo one of their rooms and put in laminate flooring and repaint the bedrooms, one at a time.

As I write this, the generator started its weekly self-test and the exhaust smelled a little hot to me. I'm probably just being paranoid but I'll check the oil when it stops. We've been using synthetic oil in it and we changed the oil a couple months ago so I'm probably just exhibiting my geriatric tendencies toward fear and suspicion. The generator's been a rock and runs very evenly so I'm sure it's good.

I don't have a lot else to quack about right now so I'll close and get on with my day.

More later,

Comments

Popular Posts