When you've disappointed as many people as I have...



It's Saturday the 14th and everything is fine. That should be the headline in every newspaper and magazine every time we make it past Friday the 13th, no matter the state of the world.

Alright maybe that's a bit of a hyperbolic statement, but it gets your attention. It's a conversation stopper applicable a couple times a year. Not that we need conversation stoppers. Or maybe we do! (there's another one, I'm on a roll now.)

So Ashton spent the night at a friend's from the cheerleading squad and apparently had a good time. Ben had another gathering of the Young Nerds Society last night in the shop playing Magic the Gathering or Dungeons and Dragons or something else. I'm happy because he's not out stealing cars and snorting meth. I really like that they are safe and having fun.

This morning (technically only morning by a few minutes) Ben told Sue and me that he was going to be a photographer. There's a surprise. It's good to know he's at least trying to nail down a vocation.

I'm going to have to figure out a way to include story writing into my daily routine as soon as possible to take the place of drawing. I'd love to draw more too but I don't seem to be able to draw without a mandate of some kind. I can't draw for my own pleasure. I have to have a burning sheep placed against my temple.

OK, well this is going nowhere and I still need to meditate so I'll sign off for now.

More later,




Comments

Popular Posts