A Long Strange Night



I think I was awake more than I slept last night. I was up at least six times. Of course, I got comfortable around 0430, got up at 0445 then slept fitfully until 0700. I think I have an ending for the hospital story. It's not great but I might try it. Otherwise, I'll start another story in its place just to get moving.

Ben's implant post fell out during the night. I made an appointment for him for today at 1230 so he'll take it with him to the oral surgeon. It was lucky he didn't swallow it. Ashton goes to driving school at 10. A lot of running around.

We'll see what happens with the day. I need to get my brain working here quickly. It's a pretty day outside, sunny morning and in the 60's. It looks like Ben and I were both thinking of washing clothes today. Lucky I got up an hour before him.

A lot of junk email just poured in while I typed that last sentence. The little bell in the corner was just ringing away like a pinball machine here for a while.

Let's see, Sue must have let Mary out, because When I sat up and Smudge ran in to greet me I saw Mary walking around in her yard. She's one tough chicken.

I moved my meditation time up to ten minutes this morning. I figure I need more peace in my brain. I read an interesting article about a guy who couldn't form memories after some surgery for epilepsy back in the 1960's, I think, and then the neurophysiologists that took over his life and became famous off of him. It was a sad tale. There was even a big fight for his brain after he died.

So we need to pick up because Anna comes today and there's stuff lying all around.

All right well I'm not thinking very fast this morning so I guess I just better get on the stick and write something new. I'm getting the yips from the hospital thing.

More later,

Comments

Popular Posts