Charged Droppings





A long night but here we are again. Stalled out badly on the latest story about the old man with the lost child. Odd if you consider how strongly it started. The idea was very solid and right in front of me before I began then I got through the initial part and just -- blat.

I don't know. I think one part is I'm getting a little burnt out, especially when there's more going on here on the ground. I think it might be wise if I schedule a day or two off during the week. Doing this every day can have a pressurizing effect on me that makes me less productive.

The whole thing isn't really so tough, I don't have new ideas all the time. It is daunting to come up with something every day, or every time one finishes. If you take those phrases below away from me, I become mute, almost.

I need to find a better way to work on my stories. This way breaks down after a while. When I look back on what I've written I'm surprised at how well I did. Of course, I need to remember that Roberta, slaps those stories into shape for me. I walk away from them thinking that they're perfect and she sends them back marked up for mistakes and I'm confounded where they all came from. When I read my own writing, I skip reading the same things I skip writing. I also can't believe how often I turn a negative into a positive by omitting the contraction n't at the word's end. For instance, I should beat the dog, from I shouldn't beat the dog. It changes the sentence's meaning 180 degrees.

I seem to be going nowhere quickly here so I should move on.

I need to get these out of my way:
  • On the other hand
  • In the meantime
  • At the same time
  • So anyway
  • By the way
  • Anyway
  • For instance
  • Just, Just, Just, just, just
  • Really, really., really 
  • Actually, actually

More later,

Comments

Popular Posts