Death on a Triscuit



A completely standard night in almost every way. You may be able to imagine my disappointment. So it's Saturday now and named after Saturn, not the car company, not the planet but the Roman god of car companies on that planet. Brrup, ching. Try the veal. I don't like veal. It think I had it once, it was delicious. But I don't like it because I've driven by the veal farms and it's a little like commuting past Birkenau. To paraphrase Lincoln; As I would not be raised in a box and kept anemic to become delicious, so I would not eat something raised in a box and kept anemic that is delicious. In fact, I do not remember ever reading that Lincoln ate, raised or advocated eating or raising veal. I believe I'm on solid moral and academic ground when I say that. So fuck you, Donald Trump, you veal-eating megalodon. I'm not too wild about Hillary Clinton either.

Bernie wouldn't eat veal. Bernie would get arrested in support of the rights of veal. But the press wouldn't write about him getting arrested at a veal rally. No, you wouldn't see Bernie's picture on the front page of Time or Newsweek, if those magazines still exist, being hauled away in handcuffs by the State Mind Patrol during his arrest for protesting for the rights of  baby cows. Nooooo!

Of course, the terms, veal and baby cow in this context are meant as metaphors for everything that's is wrong with the world, and there's quite a bit wrong with the world. Have you lowered your carbon footprint? I'm not trying to be funny here. It may seem like it, but this is what it sounds like when you watch a system fall apart. Look at the candidates. Look at the state of the world. We're not doing a very good job of things. Everyone is just trying to get their's before the music stops.

It's very disappointing. There was a time when we could expect people to vote and act in their own best self interest. What happened?

OK, so now that I've saved the world I can get on with my morning. You're welcome.

So what am I going to do for a story. I was looking at Aristotle Poetics and I think there may be some ideas there about how stories should be structured. I should read that now. It's not a long piece. Maybe I can find some interpretations of it to move me along.

So that's next and I'll think about it. I'll go sit in the other room and read it. Be right back.

More later,



Comments

Popular Posts