Saturday Morning Cartoons



So we'll start off clean here and see how far we get. Got some sleep towards the end. A few interesting dreams, I wish I could remember exactly what was said. When it was going on, I was thinking, OK now we're getting somewhere. I need to remember how this is going. By the time I got the third part I'd forgotten what had started it off.

I'm much better with dialog than action, especially at the very beginning of a piece. I should start all stories in dialog, it would be a much easier start. Then I could go back and stick the scene back in after I know what they're talking about, or at least if I get an idea.

That's not a bad idea at least to try out. I know if you read a few of these morning journals or whatever these are, it seems like every episode I make a new rule about how to write better. A reader would wonder, is this guy doing all of these things? Does he ever read the stuff he writes? The answer is yes and sometimes.

Part of why I write these ideas down is so I can go back and read them later. Obviously, we all have thoughts that many times get forgotten. Especially if we are trying to work out something new. Well, some of this is just speculation and conjecture. I try what I can of it to see if it helps. Sometimes it does and sometimes, not so much.

So, by the end, I may not work out as much as I'd like. But I do warm up my hands and my brain for the day's work. That is most of why I write this blog. Warm up.

In the meantime, I should try small exercises here. It would sure break up this kind of stream of consciousness crap and make it easier to read. So then, I will now write a small study on my desk.

* *
He sat in the fake black leather rolling chair bellied up to the counter that he used as a desk. Covering a large part of the counter in front him was a 24" Wacom Intuos drawing tablet that served as a base for things. The tablet was covered by a set of folded towels that he rested his forearms upon for typing. Towards the top of the drawing sruface, there was a folded yellow microfiber towel with his keyboard resting on it. In this way, he protected the surface of the tablet. Ahead of him there were two monitors, directly in from there was a 27" Samsung and to the right the was a 22" off-brand. To his left, the CPU box sat and beyond that were two laser printer, one black and white, one for color. This formed the basis of his world for the day's work.

More later,



Comments

Popular Posts