The Logical Buzz



A stutter start today. Write a little while, then out of the house for appointments and then back here hopefully to finish yesterday's story.

It took a long time to start yesterday's story about the road trip, but I'm writing it in Scrivener and I'm liking the way you can organize the piece. I think it's good for me to practice on the short story and then use what I learn on a novel when I get to that. I can see that it's easier to envision the structure when you outline by chapter or segment.

Interesting dreams last night and again, I was thinking during the dream, ah, this is a story I need to write, looking back, it's just junk. I suppose I don't need to write about his realization daily, but on the other hand, I'm looking for stuff to type here so that my hands warm up.

So far it's going pretty well this monring, moonring is my favorite misspelling. Although I do make some interesting ones. Moonring might make it into my regular rotation.

Let's see what else? Scout is extra clingy since the vet yesterday. He doesn't usually like to buddy up as much as this. He usually just wants to catch a pet when he walks  by and then he likes it when you talk to him. I think that's what a lot of his moaning is about. He's talking to me or us when he's just lying about. I hear that a lot at night when I get up to go to the bathroom, he'll talk to me to let me know where he is and that he doesn't approve of me getting up. At least that's how I interpret it.

It's hot. Hottest days of the year so far. It's supposed to get to 100 today. We have our air conditioning and lot's of shade outside so we'll be OK.

Trying to do more driving with Ashton. Drove twice yesterday and last evening, well between 4 and 5 pm she started to get better at steering. I still have trouble relaxing with her at the wheel which is what I need to focus on, besides teaching her. For now, I try to teach to her drive in a way that makes me comfortable. If she can do that then she's doing great.

More later,

Comments

Popular Posts