Mr. Fryer. Close reef!, Close reef, sir!

Well, another morning is given to us. We passed the night without outside power, but of course, we were ready for that. Oh Aye, we were ready. It was a quiet and mild night. Little wind and mostly rain. The temperature was good and that made the indoor temperature easier to maintain. I daresay we spent a much more commodious night than some.

Although, looking at the outage map of the power company, I noticed this morning that we were in rare company. One of only 5,800 souls without intended electrical power in the region. A region that included Seattle and environs. Oh, Aye. Singled out, we were. The official estimate from on-high reads as one o'clock pm today for resumption of services, and then, well then of course comes the next and mightier blow from King Neptune himself.

At approximately four of the clock, his majesty himself wades ashore and into our little neighborhood to lay a warning upon us to avoid the sea at every cost. I, for one, am willing to concede ownership and use of the seven greats ocean to him entirely. I will promise here and now to keep even the smallest of my toes out of his domain if he would make his visit to our house brief.

I think it a reasonable compromise and I do not mind making it to one so great and normally benevolent as himself. To signify the pact, I offer one piece of our yard art to be carried away to the depths with him when he leaves. He may choose which. I would like to keep the iron statue of the chicken woman which has graced our front steps for the past few years, if it pleases his majesty. May I recommend the electro-propane mosquito catcher with the green top, it would make a nice piece by his garage door.

I'll be well satisfied if we remain as we are until the end of the proceedings. I'm sure that many have uttered these same words before me, but if it's all the same to the fates, we're all humble beings who fear God and dread many many things. we have learned our lesson well and require no refreshment of our understanding of our places on earth. So, please, if possible, roll on by and we will say only sweet things about you in the future.

Hopefully more later,


Comments

Popular Posts