What the Hell was That?


I was sleeping pretty good this morning and then my daughter came to me and told me she'd missed the bus. So I had to get up and take her to school. I swung by McDonald's on the way back and got breakfast sandwiches and coffee. No going back to bed now. I'm tired but I've had two large cups of black coffee and for better or worse I'm up and going.

I'm not sure if that's conducive to great writing but it's where I am. It may be a lay day for me and writing. I still have a bunch of reading to do. Possibly that would be the thing to do, unfortunately if I start reading when I'm this tired, I'll either read without understanding and keep starting over or I'll just fall to sleep. Still maybe that's the answer even with the coffee on board.

There is work needed on the father back story to make it better. I may try to work on it a little. It's kind of plain right now. I'm sure there are some enhancements I could make to really make it pop out at the reader.

I also need to spend a little while working on clips for the somebodyowesme site. I have a little action moving that direction and I need to build on that weak momentum. That also means I need to be humorous which is tough when you're tired. Whatever happens, I need to get up early again tomorrow morning to take Ashton to the Orthodontist for a couple hours.

Let's see, what else happened. More strange dreams, partly work, partly school, carrying a disassembled computer around and had to leave the upper balconies of an auditorium. Down below was the parking lot. The cars waited for us there. I could see where I was supposed to be but so many obstacles were in the way. I fought and fought and tried not to let the disappointment show and make me give up. It was a battle inside me as I wound my way through to the down ramps and stairwells . It was a bad TV movie without a break for sponsors. I waited for the machine god to come and put me amongst the old cars, but I was a lesson to others. The others knew better and laughed at my effort. Why is it never me who knows the ending?

Whee! Free form verse. Jump on board and make your own. Did you knowtice that it didn't rhyme? That's how you know it's good. I think I could rhyme Low Range with Orange. How about that? Write me up! I'm amazing. I've hit one of those places where everything I write seems good. That's how I know I'm in trouble. Because nothing I write is good.

Knowledge is ignorance. Ignorance is perfection. Faults are desirable. Desire is death. Whee! Free Form, What could be Better? Jump on Board and make your art. There are metaphors for rent and similies for sale, or try a fat verb, there's no way you can fail.

I think I've carried as far as I care to.

More later,




Comments

Popular Posts