The Calm Before the Storm



So there's a big storm a'comin to a Pacific Northwest near you (and me). I guess it's only fair since the west coast had the hurricanes. This one here is the remainder of a typhoon. Cool. Much cooler than a hurricane.

Meantimely, it was a wretched night's sleep. Have to catch up tonight. We'll see. I would like to write something here that explored some little-recognized facet of our existence. So far, nothing is suggesting itself. This is what we're supposed to use the Yossarian Lives Search Engine to find.

I just went to Yossarian to see what it could make out of Storm as the root word. It came up with explosion, argument, tempest, motion, surprise and strength. There are some interesting connections here.

I'm not sure what that does for me and what I'm doing here now. We'll see if something comes from drawing these connections in my mind. There's supposed to be a goodly amount of wind that comes along with this storm. Most of it will be here Friday and Saturday. There will be a lot of rain which will cause flooding.

The wind is the biggest problem for us. Wind causes trees to fall and that knocks out ;power. We'll see what the result of that is. It's usually a big pain in the ass for us. We're way out in the boonies, so they fix the power in the cities first before they get to us. You get the picture.

It happens almost every year in October or November. I need to relax a bit more about it. I get too worked up. There's little we can do to prepare that we haven't already. So let it rain and blow.

On the positive side, the wind might blow the quadcopter out of the doug fir behind the house where we lost it. I'm kind of amazed it's stayed up there so long already. We've had some pretty good winds already this fall.

I'm not really hitting on anything here so I might as well leave it for now and get on with working on the story.

The email server is very slow this morning. I don't seem to be able to get the mail as yet. Maybe it will speed up later.

More later,

Comments

Popular Posts