A day of rest.

Well Sunday comes and we finally must do something. So Ben and I replaced the battery in the big mower and changed the oil while at it, and now it is like new except for its looks etc.

Costco had the lawn and garden batteries so that's where we got it, and while there we picked up a beautiful piece of beef that will be our roast for dinner. After we finished in the shop, it was raining so we turned our attentions to the kitchen and made the pot roast and a bounteous vegetable stew for the sustenance particularly of my Ashton who is now vegetarian.

The stew will support her growth and thought well. It is made of onions, garlic, carrots, potatoes, mushrooms, corn, peas, green beans, tomatoes, spinach. I think that's all. I wanted to add celery as well, but they had gone by the time I reached out for them.

Now the two dishes mature on the stove top, they work their magic while we busy ourselves with our favorite past-times. In a couple hours, they will be ready for us and they will feed us the rest of the week, at least in part.

I just stirred, added salt and pepper, and made a cup of tea. Now I will engage in some drawing exercises that I enjoy so much.

Hey, ho!



Comments

Popular Posts