Welcome to the Jungle

Saturday and the gazebos are running at Costco. Yep, already been there and back with Ben and there's a brand new gazebo lying peacefully under a plastic tarp in the back yard awaiting the arrival of Jeff or his crew or someone like him to put it together on the back deck. I decided against it for a personal endeavor due to my chances of screwing it and myself up in the process. Who says wisdom doesn't come with age. Must have been someone younger than myself.

In other news, slept pretty well, not so much coughing and the muscle pains are receding. Looks like I'm good for another round of something worse. Hooray!

The dogs are sleeping or at least resting quietly on the floor around me. The washer is going and I'm on  my way through my morning routine. I can only assume that's there's lark on the wing outside. Time will tell.

Nothing horrible happened in the world overnight as far as I care to look. I listened to the robot news this AM and we're safe for another day from the catastrophic overlordship of our mechanical friends or should I say, fiends.

It's cloudy and cooler, just as Cliff Mass predicted yesterday. Now comes at least a week of La Nina or Cinco de Quatro or Oil of Ole'. I can't remember which.

Cliff Mass, Dirty Fighter
Gus Hafner, Good Guy Squad
I tell you that he doesn't look at all like his voice. I was picturing someone very different. Let this be a lesson to me and my pre-judging
ways. Shame, shame on me. I should never try to picture anything in my mind. It always turns against me. He looks a little like Gus Hafner, in some ways. Cliff Mass is a professor of atmospheric research at UW but Gus is pretty smart and I'm sure he could take him in a fair fight. The only problem is that Cliff Mass is used to dealing with the weather and making predictions about it, so he's probably pretty slippery at explanations and used to having backup plans in place. Because of that, Gus would have to be on his guard constantly. If I were Gus, I'd throw dirt in his face and finish him quick. It would be exciting, though. I think Cliff Mass would wear a mask like the bad guy in wrestling matches and Gus would stop to help puppies and poor people, then Mass would jump onto
Cliff Mass with Mask
him from the top ropes and the crowd would Boo! You know what, I hope it doesn't rain this week just to show Cliff Mass he's not so tough.

I just got another Tic Tac and a drink of my coffee, it's the perfect combination for warm-up writing. I guess I better get on with the Daily Content Show.

More Later.









Comments

Popular Posts