Dirt on the Sun

So another night passed by and I rise again. Right. An appointment at Dr. Madden's this morning at 1130, then at 1800 a soccer dinner at the high school for the end of Ben's soccer year.

Morning dreams started with one in which I was armed and surrounded by a couple large tigers, some
darker than others. I held them at bay by pointing the gun at them and telling them that I would not allow them too close. They seemed to understand and did not come closer than a few feet. It went from there to removing some kind of very simple carburetor from the top of an engine and trying to demonstrate its function apart from the engine, which for some reason, didn't work. Duh. Anyway, it was only attached with 2 or 4 screws. Then someone else there asks if they could keep one of the screwdriver type tools I apparently had there. The tool wasn't a screwdriver but had a long thin rounded blade, flattened at the end and bent into a subtle hook. I told whoever it was that they could keep it, that I could fashion another one if I needed it.

Who knows what purpose these thoughts served? It wasn't a bad dream just pointless as far as I could tell.

I've given more thought to the side story in Bad Times and think it might save the whole story if some better character profiles can come out of it. I need to think about the characteristics that make people feel closer.

Comments

Popular Posts