Happy Anniversary

Today is our (my wife and my) 26th Wedding anniversary. It hasn't been easy and most of the time it was me throwing the obstacles in the way, but we made it this far. I'm not sure that"easy" its what it ever could or should be, but I am sure that holding up lives and relationships to compare with others in order to judge its good or bad is not the way to measure.

For now it seems our lives are good and while it can and should get better than this, we're still in a position to make that happen.

It's a gorgeous day outside, not sure of the temperature but at 1225 it must around 75' I'm guessing here.

During my meditation a few minutes ago, I thought about Patience and how is has been my weak suit throughout my life. Some of my earliest memories have been about nervously waiting, no, going crazy waiting for something to arrive, something to happen. I would like to focus a little of my excess energy on that side of me and work on achieving some degree of patience. I need to tell myself, even better I need to understand inside myself that where I am and what I'm doing is not only necessary to achieve what I want or where I'm going, it is the enjoyable part of the process of living.

It's like I'm in a big hurry to get to the end of my life and I know when I get there, I'm going to think it went too fast and I'd like to get some of it over. Well this would be a good time to do those things I would want to go back for.

Slow down, you move too fast. We got to make the morning last. Onward.


Comments

Popular Posts